B7F74294 C1D0 48AF B42E 549E44B90D69 Succulent in a pink pot - part fôr

Succulent in a pink pot – part fôr

I decided I didn’t really like the original succulents I painted enough to put them in the frame, so I decided to paint another version Thursday. I’m much happier with how it turned out. I had worried that the yellow was too bright for the highlights, but it adds dimension that I really like:

I painted it using the watercolors in my newest Let’s Make Art kit, which included some brighter colors. I think they made a difference in the finished product. Here’s what I used:

I like it actually. Some of the foreshortening is awesome. This one will go in the frame to be hung proudly in …….. Sydney’s bathroom. :-)

Posted by Jenny Smith

I'm Jenny Smith. I blog about life on the 300+ acres of rolling farmland in Northern Virginia where I live. I like tomatoes, all things Star Trek, watercolor, and reading. I spend most days in the garden fighting deer and groundhogs while trying to find my life's meaning. I'm trying to be like Jesus -- emphasis on the trying.