Self Assessment- Attributes Needed to Serve the Lord D&C 4-1 Self Assessment- Attributes Needed to Serve the Lord D&C 4-1Take this self-assessment to see what qualities you might develop further in your quest to become a better servant of Jesus Christ.
1. ____ I believe in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
2. ____ I trust Heavenly Father enough to accept His will and do
whatever He asks.
3. ____ I have enough faith in Jesus Christ to obtain answers to my prayers.
1. ____ One of my greatest desires is to inherit eternal life in the celestial kingdom of God.
2. ____ I feel peaceful and optimistic about the future.
3. ____ I firmly believe that someday I will dwell with God and become like Him.
Charity and Love
1. ____ I feel a sincere desire for the eternal welfare and happiness of other people.
2. ____ When I pray, I ask for charity—the pure love of Christ.
3. ____ I try to help other people when they are struggling or discouraged.
4. ____ I look for opportunities to serve other people.
Eye Single to the Glory of God
1. ____ I focus my efforts on the things of God rather than the things of the world.
2. ____ I focus my thoughts on the things of God rather than the things of the world.
3. ____ I do good things because I love God, not because I want to impress others.
1. ____ I am clean and pure in heart.
2. ____ I am chaste.
3. ____ I focus on righteous, uplifting thoughts and put unwholesome thoughts out of my mind.
4. ____ I repent of my sins and strive to overcome my weaknesses.
1. ____ I feel confident in my understanding of gospel doctrines and principles.
2. ____ I study the scriptures daily.
3. ____ I receive knowledge and guidance through the Spirit.
4. ____ I attend the temple regularly.
1. ____ I live the Word of Wisdom, as outlined in D&C 89.
2. ____ I control what I think, say, and do, even in tense or frustrating situations.
3. ____ I successfully balance schoolwork, family time, Church callings, and social life.
1. ____ I am patient with myself and rely on the Lord as I work to overcome my weaknesses.
2. ____ I am patient with the faults and weaknesses of others.
3. ____ I face problems and challenges calmly and hopefully.
1. ____ I am nice to others, even when they might not deserve it.
2. ____ I say positive things about others.
3. ____ I am considerate of the feelings of others.
1. ____ I know Heavenly Father lives, and I want to be like Him.
2. ____ I try to be like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in all that I think, say, and do.
1. ____ I am sincerely grateful for the blessings I receive from Heavenly Father.
2. ____ My prayers are sincere and meaningful.
3. ____ I appreciate advice and guidance from my leaders, teachers, and parents.
4. ____ I strive to be submissive to Heavenly Father’s will, whatever it may be.
1. ____ I work effectively, even when I’m not under pressure or close supervision.
2. ____ I pay a full tithe.
3. ____ I work hard until a job is finished successfully.
4. ____ I pray regularly, in public and private, alone and with my family.
Self Assessment- Attributes Needed to Serve the Lord D&C 4-1 Self Assessment- Attributes Needed to Serve the Lord D&C 4-1