This Father’s day coupon book has four coupons, an excerpt from a fathers day poem, and a cover.
Breakfast in Bed
One uninterrupted nap
A hug each day for one week
One game of an outdoor sport
Fathers are Wonderful People
Fathers are wonderful people
Too little understood,
And we do not sing their praises
As often as we should…
But Fathers are just wonderful
In a million different ways,
And they merit loving compliments
And accolade of praise,
For the only reason Dad aspires
To fortune and success
Is to make the family proud of him
And to bring them happiness…
And like our Heavenly Father,
He’s a guardian and a guide,
Someone that we can count on
To be always on our side.
~Helen Steiner Rice~
1) Cut along the dotted lines.
2) Draw a picture of your Dad on the front.
3) Draw a picture of you and your dad doing the activities listed on each page.
4) Fold the Cover page on the heavy black line, tuck in the 4 coupon pages, and staple.
This is a template for the Father’s Day Tie Card, sometimes called the Shirt and Tie Card.
1) Print the template — any weight or color of paper is fine. The borders will not be visible if you print from the PDF (recommended). If you are printing the PDF version and the borders show, go to the Print Dialog (the window that comes up when you choose File->Print) and change the “Page Scaling” option to “None”. If printing the JPEG or GIF, you may have to trim along the dotted borders. Use your library’s paper cutter if you have many sheets to cut.
2) Fold the paper along the long black line in the center of the template (in half the short way).
3) Cut along the dotted lines.
4) Fold the collar along the lines marked fold.
5) Tape or glue the collar down.
6) Decorate as desired.
*** Note: to open this card without damaging the collar, fold along the imaginary collar line on the back of the card. This also makes the card so it will stand up. ***
My kids made a sample tie card
This is a father’s day gift that provides me-and-you time, along with a yummy treat. The PDF version has space at the bottom for a signature, short note, or handrawn picture — maybe of the father and child playing checkers :).
Print this checkerboard out and use 2 varieties of your favorite snack as game pieces!!! Try M&Ms, Hershey’s Kisses or Hugs or Caramel Kisses, Lifesavers, Fruity peppermints, Twizzlers Cherry or Chocolate Nibs, wrapped or unwrapped Peanut Butter cups, peanuts and cashews, green or red grapes, Apple Jacks cereal — the possiblities are endless!
Also available in a plain version (without the “Happy Father’s Day!”). Click the games link below.
From an idea I found at theHershey’s Kiss Craft website